While some stars kept their nuptials under low profile, others made it an extravagant affair with extensive coverage by the media.
Here are the top five celebrity weddings of 2012:
1. The list is topped by so called royal couple of Bollywood - Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor. After almost five years of courtship, the couple tied the knot on Oct. 16. The wedding was a five-day extravaganza and the reception was attended by several B-town personalities like Shahrukh Khan and wife Gauri, Ranbir Kapoor, Malaika Arora Khan, Amrita Arora and designer Manish Malhotra.
2. The next grand Bollywood wedding of 2012 was between Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia D'Souza. The couple met each other for the first time on the sets of "Tujhe Meri Kasam" and dated for almost eight years before getting married on Feb 3. The wedding was solemnized in Maharashtrian and Christian style. A grand reception had followed with most of the film fraternity gracing their presence.
3. The wedding that made a lot of buzz recently was that of Vidya Balan and UTV head Siddharth Roy Kapur. The couple reportedly began dating each after meeting on the sets of 2011 release "No one Killed Jessica". Vidya played the key role in the movie and Siddharth was the producer. The pair kept their relationship under low profile and tied the knot on Dec 14. The wedding was a combo of Punjabi and South Indian traditions. The sole person from tinsel town spotted at Vidya's Mehendi was Rekha.
4. The wedding that made it to the fourth spot was of Esha Deol and Bharat Takhtani. Although the wedding did not grab much media attention, it turned out to be one of the most alluring occasions of 2012. The ceremony was solemnized on June 29 in South Indian style. Sunny and Bobby Deol had given the event a miss, while Abhay Deol had turned up along with his girlfriend Preeti Desai.
5. Though he does not belong to the Bollywood industry, Ram Charan Teja's wedding was one of the most celebrated events of the year. The son of megastar Chiranjeevi married his childhood sweetheart Upasana Kaminen on June 14. The couple exchanged wedding vows as per traditional Hindu customs in the presence of their families and close friends. Several B-town biggies like Amitabh Bachchan and Salman Khan also graced the occasion with their presence.
This article first appeared HERE.